Sunday, April 25, 2010

No new clues

Haven't heard back from Maureen, but then she is busy with other genealogical projects. I told her there was no hurry. Haven't gotten any other clues through the photos, though a few of them have the 'I.N. Conrad' on the back, one has 'Port C. Baxter', one has 'J.W. Gould, Artist, Carrollton, O.' stamped on the front, one has 'Gould & Baxter Unexcelled Pictures, West Side Public Square Carrollton, Ohio' and in fine print 'All negatives preserved for future orders'. Speaking of negatives, the very first picture has one behind it and I am still very tempted to go and get a print made just to see if a clearer image can be produced.

Got an e-mail from a woman off one of the message boards I posted the album link to, unfortunately she couldn't identify any of the pictures but liked that I had them. That's nice but that's also no help to me. I really wish the others had names on the bottoms like the one of Emma Wilhelm did, it would make my life a whole lot easier. I would like to add these photos eventually to my family album because at least then I would know what they looked like. Maybe someday I'll get to do that.

No comments: